If you love grilling and barbecuing, then you need to have the best gas smoker in your possession. The quality of the gas smoker will enhance the quality of the meals you make. The following are five options that you can review so that you can choose the smoker that can truly meet your needs.
Factors to consider while choosing the best gas smoker
- 1 Factors to consider while choosing the best gas smoker
- 2 Top 5 best gas smoker reviews of 2017
- 2.1 Inch Smoky Mountain Vertical Gas Smoker by Landmann USA 3495GLA
- 2.2 44″Lp Gas Smoker by Smoke Hollow Pro Series
- 2.3 3405GLA by Landmann USA Two Drawer – Heat Saving “Smoky Mountain” Gas Smoker, 524-Square Inch, Black
- 2.4 Palm Springs 42 Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker
- 2.5 Landmann USA 3495BGW Smoky Mountain Vertical Gas Smoker, 34-Inch
- 3 Types and comparison of gas smokers
- 4 Why you should use gas smokers?
- 5 Here are some of the reasons we prefer using gas smokers more than available means:
- 5.1 1. It uses gas as the heating source instead of traditional charcoal or wood.
- 5.2 2. The lack of need for wood or coal also means that gas smokers are easy to transport.
- 5.3 3. Gas smokers are versatile.
- 5.4 4. Using smokers make it easy to step back in time and relearn the lost art of preserving food
- 6 Why you should not use gas smokers?
Here are some of the factors to consider while buying best gas smoker:
1- Consider the size of a gas smoker.
Gas smokers are available in a wide choice of sizes. Ranging from a small, efficient individual gas smoker to a gas smoker that is big enough to cook for a crowd of people. In choosing the size of a gas smoker, the choice varies from person to person.
2- Type of gas smoker and type of fuel that it will be using
Aside from size, another consideration when choosing a barbecue smoker is the type of fuel that it will be using. The choices on what fuel to use for your gas smoker include wood, gas, electricity and charcoal. Some of the more flexible smokers can also use two or more of the aforementioned fuel. The choice on what fuel to make really depends on what you prefer in smokers are known to be the more economical choice.
3- Consider the price charged
The smokers range from anywhere in between $50 to $10,000 from which you can pick up the best that suits your needs depending on the required capacity and usage of the product. You also need to decide the fuel type that you want to use in the smokers as different fuels often offer varied flavors to the smoked meat.
4- Support offered by the company
If you wish to buy a gas smoker check out for the company that offers after sales and maintenance service for you. To find the best gas smokers go through the reviews offered by customers who have already used them to enjoy a good meal of smoked meat.
Top 5 best gas smoker reviews of 2017
When buyers have decided to purchase a gas smoker, it is important that they find the best. Thankfully, there is a list of the top choices available that can assist potential buyers with making an informed decision. The decisions made is normally based on the features that people love and prefer. So, for those of you who want to buy the best gas smokers that you can find, you can start by reviewing the three that have been provided to you below.
- Inch Smoky Mountain Vertical Gas Smoker by Landmann USA 3495GLA
- 44″Lp Gas Smoker by Smoke Hollow Pro Series
- 3405GLA by Landmann USA Two Drawer – Heat Saving “Smoky Mountain” Gas Smoker, 524-Square Inch, Black
- Palm Springs 42 Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker
- Landmann USA 3495BGW Smoky Mountain Vertical Gas Smoker, 34-Inch
Inch Smoky Mountain Vertical Gas Smoker by Landmann USA 3495GLA
The Landman USA 3495GLA is a sturdy model that has many features that can improve the quality of the meat. One feature that it sports is its wide stance legs. The wide stance legs makes it almost impossible for the unit to fall down. The 13,500 BTU unit also has controls that you can use to adjust the heat and a temperature gauge on the outside of the burner so that you can always see exactly what temperature you are cooking at. The unit also has some convenience features that set it apart from other models. One feature that does that is the water pan and chip box placement. Both of those items are separate from the main door. Keeping those things separate prevents heat loss that usually occurs when people open the main door.
44″Lp Gas Smoker by Smoke Hollow Pro Series
The Lp Gas Smoker by Smoke Hollow is a rib maker’s heaven. The item stands 44″ tall and has a smorgasbord of delightful features. One of the attractive features that it has is its see-through door. The see-through door lets you see exactly whats going on with your meat so you don’t have to guess whether you are preparing it properly or not.
3405GLA by Landmann USA Two Drawer – Heat Saving “Smoky Mountain” Gas Smoker, 524-Square Inch, Black
The manufacturer focused on the owner’s ability to move the burner to different locations and access its contents easily. This particular model has two huge handles on each side so that the owner can move it to different parts of the yard or in and out of storage. It also comes with a special “cool grip” handle on the front of the unit so that the user can get a quick look at the meat. The two drawers on the front have a couple of huge handles of their own.
Palm Springs 42 Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker
This 14,500 BTU 42 inch smoker gets right down to business. It has four grids, four racks and four layers. The person who is cooking can put up to 113 pounds on each one of the racks.
Landmann USA 3495BGW Smoky Mountain Vertical Gas Smoker, 34-Inch
This model has a large area for cooking as well as a full-sized door, wide stance legs, a brass cap, adjustable heat control, an a steel water pan. This unit can stand quite a bit of us, so don’t be shy if you get this model. Use to its full potential.
Types and comparison of gas smokers
Aside from the practical reasons for using gas smokers, the taste that you achieve with a well-marinated meat cooked with the right gas smoker accessories will provide restaurant delicious results.
Smoking has actually now become one of the finest methods to cook meat and other eatables.Smoker grills have given us an innovative twist to cooking the food by getting it done slowly. Slow and low flame cooking gives the eatables an excellent flavor.
When you cook on regular barbecue grills through direct flame from the charcoal or propane, charring or burning can happen. Such kind of prepared items could be quite unhealthy and could also deteriorate its taste. On the contrary, when you are cooking them up on smoke grills such high temperature is not required. Here the food is cooked on low flames thereby guaranteeing perfection both taste and health wise. Apart from giving the food a different aroma grilling also keeps the meat tender.
Therefore you would get the eatable crispy yet moist in the end. There are many types of smoker grills available in the market nowadays. The difference lies in the fuel used i.e. charcoal, gas or electric ones. But the oldest and still the popular among them is the charcoal one. These ovens consist of two chambers, in one of them the coal is burnt to create smoke which is sent to the other chamber where the food is kept to be cooked.
Vertical gas smoker
Vertical smokers, such as any kind of cooking gadget using fire, must be dealt with care. Grills and smokers existing unique difficulties because people usually use them outdoors. If you work with gas as a fuel for the smoker, make sure your hose pipe, nozzles, and regulator tend to be in good shape.
Gasoline may drip through all of those and catch fire from the ignition or even through fireplace within the smoker. Also, check the smoker constantly if you’re cooking food having a really low warmth environment to ensure it’s still heading and not just spewing gas.
Along with charcoal vertical smokers, be careful with increased charcoal. Within the daylight, sparks, as well as flying sparks, could be tough to capture. Put your vertical smoker at a distance from flammables. When the climate may be dried out, keep the smoker away from wooded areas and ensure you have properly watered your own yard lately.
Gas smoker grill combo
Gas smoker grill combo is popular for the cook who wants to be active during the cooking process. Many cooks swear by the charcoal flavor. When wood chips or chunks are added to the charcoal, the flavor cannot be beaten. When you get the hang of adjusting the vents to stabilize the temperature you can cook almost anything on a charcoal smoker or grill combo. There are excellent recipes for pork, beef, chicken, seafood and all kinds of vegetables. Even some desserts can be cooked on a charcoal smoker or grill.
Grill combo that uses propane gas as a fuel is sometimes easier to control than charcoal smokers. Wood chips added to the gas smoker produce an excellent smoky flavor. Many cooks enjoy the cleaner use and easier clean up with gas smokers. Charcoal can be quite messy. Herbs added to the smoker will enhance the flavors of foods and a pot of water in the smoker can provide more moisture for making meats and other foods tender and juicy.
Why you should use gas smokers?
Here are major reasons for using gas smokers
- Change is good. It’s nice to cook the roast or salmon a different way. New flavors can be infused into meats, fish, poultry, and the wild game simply by using different kinds of wood chips such as hickory, applewood, mesquite and many other options.
- It’s Easy. An l gas smoker is so simple to use, anyone can do it. Water or no water, put the food in, start it up with the integrated ignition, and off you go. No complicated methods or confusing directions.
- Versatility. The gas smoker converts to a grill about waist high, so you can use it to cook hamburgers or grill pizza or corn on the cob when you’re not smoking your latest catch.
- Mouthwatering flavor. There’s something about smoked meat or fish or chicken that just enhances that gas smoker that you put on.
Here are some of the reasons we prefer using gas smokers more than available means:
1. It uses gas as the heating source instead of traditional charcoal or wood.
This translates into two benefits. First, there is ease in keeping the temperature regulated, which has been troublesome to those who are new to smoking. Secondly, the lack of wood or coal also means there are no ashes to clean up.
2. The lack of need for wood or coal also means that gas smokers are easy to transport.
Whether taking it for a tailgate party, or an extended camping weekend, the fired smokers are a logical choice for traveling when you want to feed a group with a light travel setup.
3. Gas smokers are versatile.
The food cooks at a slow rate, which produces tender meat with a smoky flavor. It can also be for many different types of meat, making gas smokers one of the most versatile tools in an outdoor kitchen.
4. Using smokers make it easy to step back in time and relearn the lost art of preserving food
Our ancestors needed to preserve food over the winter months, they would smoke it. While most of us don’t need to have a full smoker house, there is something empowering about being able to smoke our own food and know that we can provide for our family.
Why you should not use gas smokers?
- Gas Smoker are expensive to afford
- Most gas smoker charge higher prices making it difficult for one to buy.
- Some of the gas smokers have the side effect on our health